Textured Floral Card



Hi,

Following my last Post I'm back to share with you how I made the above Card.

If you didn't manage to catch the last Post, the story behind the Card is that it was made for a Friend's Mother who, due to ill health was in need of encouragement. In addition the lady in question is sadly Blind. It got me thinking that whilst her daughter could read her the messages & describe the Cards to her, was there anything I could do to add texture to the Card so that there would be elements she could feel. The simple answer to that was Yes made easy by the fabulous variety of Stampin' Up! Products that I had.

Here is how the Card was made:-

The Base Card is Very Vanilla cut at 8"x 6" scored on the longside at 4" & the Card is made in the Landscape style.
(15cm x 20cm scored on the long side at 10cm)

2 pieces of Garden Green Card cut at 5 3/4" x 3 3/4 " (9.5cm x 14.5cm)
1 piece is stuck inside the Card. On top of that a piece of Very Vanilla Card 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"
(9cm x14cm) has been stuck, this is the area for the written message. Before sticking the Very Vanilla Card I rounded the edges of it & punched the design in each corner using the Detailed Trio Punch, this gave a small textured surface that could be felt in the inside of the Card.


Returning to the front of the Card, I ran the other piece of Garden Green Card through my Big Shot using the 3D Layered Leaves Embossing Folder & then stuck the Card to the front of the Base Card.

I chose to use the Mosaic Mood Speciality Designer Series Paper (DSP) as 6 designs of this Paper are textured. I chose this design because I wanted the Roses & the Butterflies:-


My  DSP is cut at 4 3/8" x 3", (11cm x 7.6cm)  the size was determined by how much of the rose design I wanted.
Also using a layer of around this size leaves a reasonable border where the embossed leaves can be felt. The DSP has been stuck in the centre of the card.

On a piece of Garden Green Card I have Heat Embossed using White Embossing Powder the Sentiment A Little Note from the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set. I've then cut this out using a Die from the Stitched Labels Dies & attached it to the right of the Card using Stampin' Dimensionals. This gives a bit of height that can be felt & the chosen Die also gives an element of cut out detail at either end of the label which can be felt.

Using the Butterflies on the DSP I have then Punched out 3 Butterflies using the small Butterfly on the Butterfly Duet Punch. These are not perfect Butterflies as the printed ones on the Paper are larger than the small Butterfly on the Punch, however, if you position the Punch to take in elements of the wing & body design you will finish up with a reasonable looking Buttuerfly.
I have bent their wings upwards & attached them to the front of the Card using Glue Dots, again giving another element that can be felt.


I have used a coordinating Very Vanilla Envelope. Usually I would Stamp the envelope to give some detail, however that isn't very tactile. So, to decorate the envelope for this Card I Punched out from Garden Green Card 3 leaves using the Leaf Punch. I bent each leaf in the centre & folded each part upwards & then stuck each leaf in basically a triangle pattern in the right hand bottom corner of the envelope. I then cut out a Rose from the DSP & attached that to the Envelope over the leaves using Stampin' Dimensionals, again giving some height & texture.




I love the way that by being able to make our own Cards we really can think about each recipient & adapt them to give the greatest pleasure.

Until next time
Take care

Anne x
Rosie Duck Designs









Comments