Scrapbooking



Hi,

So, the next area of Papercrafting I wanted to share with you is Scrapbooking.

I'm no expert on Scrapbooking, it's one of those things I mean to get around to but never do which is a shame & another conversation I need to have with myself!!

I think it's fair to say that as people living in the time where provided we haven't forgotten our phone we can take photos any time anywhere & yet how many of those photos do we ever make copies of or look at again.

I can remember the days ( and it seriously wasn't that long ago!!) when you took photos on a Camera that had either a reel or cartridge of film. When the film was finished you took it to be developed. Then when it came back I know that I meticulously added the photos to a Photograph album. I had separate Albums for different events like holidays, days out, Family, Pets etc. Many times in a quiet moment I'd flick through a random album & relive those precious memories. To be totally honest I haven't done that since I've had a phone that takes photos & I'm sure I'm not alone.

This is where Scrapbooking comes in, it's like a step up from our Photo Albums & not only does it preserve memories, you get to be creative & it becomes a fabulous piece of Art in a way that is a joy to revisit. Yes I know that I said I haven't got round to it so far so you can be forgiven for thinking Seriously what is this women on about!! But, a number of friends do Scrapbooking & I've seen their work (yes the very same work that convinced me I need to do this!!)

Among my treasured possessions are 3 beautiful Scrapbooks made for me by a Friend in Australia. We became Penfriends in our very early teens & we are still in touch (I'm not saying how long that is, just that it's a long time!!) Back in 2008 she & her Partner visited the UK & Jim & I were able to meet up with them in the Lake District. Our Meeting up was the subject of one of the Scrapbooks, the other celebrates our Friendship over the years & the other is a Scrapbook of her Family which is just fantastic because although I've never met any of them because she & I have known each other for so long I feel like I know them (if that makes sense) & it was lovely to have faces to put to the names.

Here are my beautiful gifts





If it's not a Craft you are familiar with I think it can be very hard to know where to start. So as I said I'm no expert but I thought I'd just highlight a few Products available from Stampin' Up! that can make getting into Scrapbooking easier.

CLICK ON This LINK to view the various Scrapbooking Albums & Supplies.

https://www.stampinup.uk/categories/shop-products/other-products/scrapbooking/albums-supplies?dbwsdemoid=5025532

It can be challenging to know where to start with decorating your pages, Designer Series Paper (DSP) can provide a great background to mount your photos on & of course Stampin' Up! have a number of Embellishments & Ribbons that can brighten your pages.
In addition there are some great Label Punches to add notes to photos & other Punches that will add additional embellishment such as the Balloon Punch for a Celebration, the Heart Punches for Weddings, Anniversaries or Engagements & then there's the Cat & Dog Punches if you are producing a Scrapbook page based on your Pets.

Another great tool is the Memories & More Card Packs. The Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack is featured in the photo at the top of the Post. There is also the beautiful Magnolia Lane Memories & More Card Pack shown below.


And from the Mini Catalogue the beautiful Tropical Oasis Memories & More Card Pack which is just perfect for those holiday photographs.




These Card Packs come with great pre printed images & Sentiments. The Sail Away Pack contains some Single sided laser cut speciality Cards whilst the Magnolia Lane Pack contains some Vellum speciality Cards. All 3 Card Packs contain Stickers. As well as being great for Scrapbooking pages they make great Card Fronts especially when you need a Card in a hurry.

Here is the LINK to my ONLINE SHOP where you can browse through the various Products highlighted in this Post:-

http://www.stampinup.uk?dbwsdemoid=5025532

Until next time

Take care

Anne x

Rosie Duck Designs








Comments